The Centre for Equal Rights (BFLR) is an anti-discrimination Bureau, located in Stockholm. BFLR provides free counseling, support and legal advice to individuals who feel they have been discriminated against. BFLR also offer lectures, seminars and training courses in the field of discrimination and related areas. BFLR is also engaged in developing various projects in order to fight discrimination in society and, where appropriate, strengthen individual protection.
The Discrimination Act protects individuals from discrimination due to one or more of the seven legal grounds for discrimination, however there are several exceptions. The Discrimination Act is also limited to areas of society, the areas are specified in the Act. Whether you have been discriminated against in law or not can often be difficult to determine for yourself. If you suspect that you have been the victim of unlawful discrimination, contact the Centre for Equal Rights!
The discriminatory grounds:
1. gender : (that someone is male or female, or intend to change / have changed their gender)
2. gender identity or expression : (someone does not identify themselves as male or female, or by their clothing or in some other way that they belong to another sex)
3. ethnicity : (national or ethnic origin, color or other similar circumstance)
4. religion or other belief
5. disabilities : (permanent physical, mental or intellectual limitation of a person’s ability to function as a result of an injury or illness that existed at birth, has arisen thereafter or may be expected to arise)
6. sexual orientation : (homosexual, bisexual or heterosexual orientation)
Address: Svetsarvägen 15, Plan 2 (Regus) 171 41 Solna
Tel: 08-750 77 60
For a personal meeting an appointment needs to be booked in advance due to other ongoing meetings, projects and other planned efforts.